COMES WITH SLIDER BRAKES
The Saljol Carbon walker comes with the added safety feature of slider brakes (AKA drag brakes) attached to each rear wheel, which can be easily switched on or off, and simply adjusted to increase or decrease resistance to the wheels, which allows for a slowed decent when walking downhill.
CORK HANDLES & ARMREST
Skin-friendly handles and armrests are made from cork-TPE, which feels natural - shock-absorbing and comfortable. The are also height adjustable with a fantastic range between 81 – 103cm (the highest of all our walkers).
BUILT TO LAST - RELIABLE SOLID DESIGN & ONLY 5.4KGS
The German made Saljol Carbon rollator is super stable and very strong. The frame is carbon fibre and weighs only 5.4kg, and it can carry up to 150kgs.
Roll over the bumps and cracks with Saljol's quality PU wheels. Designed as an all-round tyre, you've got town and country sorted with added tread to give you that extra traction. (If you want a larger tyre, check out the Saljol Aluminium).
EASY TO FOLD AND STORE
Saljol have incorporated a scissor-folding design to make it easy. Once folded, it's only 22cm wide, so it fits into a small space in the boot or the seat.
ONE-HAND BRAKE OPTION
The Saljol Carbon rollator can be customised to a one-hand brake system. It comes equipped with a two-hand brake as standard, but you can buy the conversion cable for the one-hand simultaneous brake as an accessory. This allows you to choose whether you want to operate both two brakes with your left or right hand. A great asset for those who no longer have full dexterity in both hands.
The in-built seat is a comfortable canvas, just apply the park brake and take a load off.
BUILT FOR NIGHT OWLS
Saljol's have got the night walkers and dawn treaders covered with numerous reflectors to light up your walker in poor visibility. No excuses, get out there, keep moving and be seen!
A: The SALJOL walker comes with a bag and cane holder included. (The backrest or one-hand brake cable can be purchased in addition).
A: The key differences are material, weight, wheel size and colour:
- SLIDER BRAKE IS ONLY ON THE CARBON MODEL: The Slide Brakes (AKA Drag Brakes) come only with the slightly higher-spec carbon model.
- The Saljol Aluminium rollator does not have the drag brake feature.
- DIFFERENT FRAME MATERIALS | The Carbon Rollator is made from carbon fibre - a material famous for being strong and reasonably light with this walker weighing 5.4kg.
- The Saljol Aluminium rollator is made from aluminium, which is still strong, but slightly heavier at 6.6 kg.
- COLOURS | The Carbon rollator comes in British Racing Green, Midnight Blue and Matt Black.
- The Aluminium rollator comes in Pearl Grey and Magic Black.
- WHEEL SIZE | The Alumnium rollator has an extra-large front wheel, which has a diameter of 250mm, which is great for a smoother off-road experience. The rear wheels are 200mm.
- The Saljol Carbon wheels are all 200mm in diameter.
- DIFFERENT SEAT WIDTHS | The Aluminium rollator has a larger seat width by 1cm, at 46cm.
- The Saljol Carbon has a seat width of is 45cm.
- DIFFERENT BAGS | The Carbon walker has a higher-quality bag that closes with a magnetic fastener. It is weather-proof with a waterproof transparent compartment on top, which is ideal for your smartphone. Pockets are added on the side, ideal for things like drink bottles.
- The Aluminium rollator has a simpler basket (net bag) that does not have side-pockets or a 'lid'.
- BRAKE CABLE | The Aluminium comes with a one-handed brake cable should you wish to convert it to a one-handed system.
- The Carbon model does not come with the one-handed brake cable, but this can be ordered an an accessory.
- CURB ASSIST | Both come with curb assist, but they look slightly different. The Aluminium Rollator's curb assist has a reflector and is made of a strong plastic. The Carbon model has a sleek carbon curb assist without the reflector.
- CANE HOLDER | Both models come with a cane holder already attached.
A: The SALJOL rollator is certified to meet ISO 11199-2:2021
A: British Racing Green, Midnight Blue, Star Silver and Matt Black.
A: The frame is made from carbon fibre. The other parts are made from plastic and aluminium. The wheels are PU.
A: Saljol continue to be one of the leading experts in the industry with over 20 years in the industry, well-known for developing premium mobility equipment (not just walking aids either). As a manufacturer and still a proud family-owned company, they put a lot of heart and soul into product development and look after their reputation by making robust and trust worthy products that last. They prioritise high-quality materials and attention to detail. Their mission is to make independent everyday life possible and provide solutions that allow their customers to live at home for as long as possible. SALJOL is based in Germany. Their factory is carefully monitored in China.
A: Almost always, yes. It folds easily and fits into the boots or backseat of most cars.
What Customers Say About The Byacre Ultralight
"I am so pleased with my rollator, it is lightweight, easy to manoeuvre and changed my life!"Derek J
"This Saljol rollator has been a revelation. I have not walked so far for years. The light weight makes it easy to manoeuvre and the different size options and height adjustments mean you get a tailor made fit, far better than many other products on the market."Sandra M
"Mum very pleased with her rollator, Was able to lift into the car unaided which was fabulous."Joanne
"Indispensable. This Rollator gave me my freedom back and gave me confidence to travel on my own. It’s incredibly light and very easy to handle. I have tried it in difficult surfaces (uneven paths, stone paths and grass), going uphill, it is great support. Going downhill, I have tried the red levers and it does the job perfectly."